We’re excited to be popping up at Mount Royal University on Wednesday, August 23rd from 3-6pm!
Leaving campus? Visiting the Recreation centre? Coming home from work?
Visit our Community Market to pick up real food on the run. Our mini market will be offering fresh, local fruits and vegetables, nuts and granola, tea and kombucha, pasta and sauce, and gluten-free items too!
We’ll be located in Lot 1, access our Pop-Up through the West Gate entrance off of Richardson Way.
Download a Map for our Pop-Up location on Campus
Here at the CFM it’s no secret who the best perogy-maker in the market is. Margarita Kordoner has been in the business longer than some of her customers have been alive. She makes everything from scratch every week including her cottage cheese which she has been perfecting for 38 years! We asked her to give us her best tips and show us her process for these palatable perogies.
On top of learning from the best we had fresh local Saskatoon berries from The Jungle Farm to work with! How can we lose?!
What you will need to make 3 dozen of Margarita’s perogies:
5 cups of flour
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of lukewarm water
2 cups of Saskatoon berries (or enough for 3-4 berries per perogy)
About 4 cups of cottage cheese (Margarita sells her homemade cheese at her booth every week!)
1. Mix the flour, salt, egg, and water together for your dough. If you find one aspect of the dough is off, adjust your dough accordingly.
2. Roll out the dough to roughly a 1/4 inch thickness.
3. Use a cookie-cutter to cut out round shapes in your dough.
4. Pile small amounts of cottage cheese and 3-4 berries in the middle of each round.
5. Fold the round in half making sure to contain and stuff your filling inside, then pinch the sides shut with your fingers.
6. Once you have pinched all of your perogies shut, lay them flat on a cookie sheet and freeze them for 2-3 hours or until you are ready to make them.
7. To prepare perogies you boil them like pasta. For 1 dozen perogies bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil then dunk them in. They don’t need long, maybe 5 minutes.
8. Serve directly on to a plate and eat either alone or with your favorite sauce! We promise you won’t be sorry!
We’ve extended our application deadline!
Calgary’s favourite farmers’ market is transforming into the Calgary Christmas Market from November 16th – December 23rd, 2017! The Calgary Christmas Market will host 90 vendors carrying unique locally made holiday gifts, jewelry, décor and more. The Calgary Christmas Market is the ultimate destination to find everything for under the tree and on the table this upcoming holiday season.
The Calgary Farmers’ Market is looking for unique Christmas products to add to the vendor mix from November 16 to December 23, 2017 to add to the Calgary Christmas Market.
Download the Calgary Christmas Market application below and submit via email to Stacey@calgaryfarmersmarket.ca or drop off at Customer Information.
All applications must be in by 5pm September 16th, 2017.
2017 Calgary Christmas Market Vendor Application Form